Alia Khan

Senior Immigration Case Worker


Place of birth: Liverpool
Job Role: Senior Immigration Case Worker
Start Date with Kalsi Solicitors: Jul 25, 2019
Office based in: Liverpool
Languages spoken: English, Pashto and Urdu
Favourite sports team (if any!): Liverpool Football Club
What made you want to practice law: I am extremely passionate about the field and enjoy every aspect of practicing law.


Academic Education: Bachelors Degree
University for Bachelors Degree: LLB Law with honours
University for Bachelors Degree: The University of Liverpool
Grade for Bachelor Degree: 2.1
Institution for Other: Manchester University
Subject/Course for Other: Bar Vocational Course
Grade for Other: Very Competent
Professional Qualifications: Law Society Immigration & Asylum – Senior Caseworker Accreditation


Background: I have over ten years of immigration law experience, practicing primarily in the North West.
I have worked as an in house advocate and senior immigration consultant in Asylum for many years, giving clients professional advice on their cases.
I focus mainly on Human Rights and Refugee law including unaccompanied asylum seeking minors and victims of trafficking, in addition to preparing appeal hearings at the Immigration Tribunals.
Expertise: Asylum and Refugee law, Human Rights law, Private immigration law, Business Immigration law

  • Alia Khan

    Senior Immigration Consultant


Spouse & Unmarried Partners

Under the spouse visa it allows non-EEA nationals to enter or remain in the UK where they are married to a British citizen or a person with a UK settled status. Bringing your loved ones to the UK is life-changing.


Children & 7 Year Child Concession

If you are an overstayer and you have a child who has lived in the UK for a continuous seven-year period and / or is British, you may be able to apply for Leave to remain on the basis of your family and private life in the UK.


EEA Nationals

With upcoming changes and the United Kingdom leaving Europe, European citizens and their family members, who are currently living in the UK, may wish to consider obtaining confirmation of your right of residence in the UK under European law.


Long Residency

If you have completed 10 years continuous and lawful residence in the UK, you may apply for settlement (indefinite leave to remain) under the long residency route. Settling (known as a indefinite leave to remain) means you can stay in the UK without any time restrictions.


The Rest of the Team